- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark; the xylem.
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes; timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle:
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- made of wood; wooden.
- used to store, work, or carry wood:
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- wild, as with rage or excitement.
- mad; insane.