So, after the collaboration session, my first point of call was to go to the Library and find some source material for the project ahead. I thought it would be pretty straight forward… Turns out it wasn’t so straight foraward at all. I ended up walking around the library for about an hour and a half until I found three publications I was happy with.
To save time relocating the pages to be scanned later, I opened each spread and used the selected pages I was going to scan as book marks.
Straight after the library, it was off to the Print Shop for me, which happened to be only a minute’s drive away.
Once there the mission was clear: Get my type gauge printed onto OHP film and get all my spreads scanned into 300DPI PDFs.
My USB was loaded with the type gauge and ready to receive the PDFs. All this for under $10.
The Type Gauge
Getting the green light
Once I got home I transferred all the PDFs from the USB into my ‘Assessment 3’ folder found on my computer – I’m obsessed with keeping my files organised.
From here I opened all the PDFs in Acrobat and saved them as PNG files, uploaded them to this wordpress and sent Will the URL in an email.
Promptly Will responded,
Definitely “The Search for the Soul” layout! It’s got a nice grid, and a good mix of type hierarchies.
And there it was, the next step staring me in the face. The search for the soul was over, but the recreation had just begun.